- B.D. Dombek, J. Lowther, and E. Carberry, Computer Program
for the Prediction of Mass Spectrum Isotope Peaks,J. Chemical
Education, vol. 48, no. 11, p. 729, Nov. 1971.
- Dahl et al,Thermal redistribution of hydrido and
phosphino groups in phosphinohydridogermanes, Inorganic Chemistry, 1975
- Dahl et all,Oxidation of trimethylgermylphosphine and
bis (phosphino) dimethylgermane ,Inorganic Chemistry, 1975
- Yu. N. Sukharev, V. F. Sizoi, Yu. S. Nekrasov, The
computer processing and interpretation of mass spectral information;
computing the isotopic spectrum of assumed composition; Organic Mass
Spectrometry, V16, 1, Heyden & Son Ltd, 1981.
- JD Pulfer, PJ Derrick,Simulation of Isotopic Peak
Patterns for High-Mass Oligomers and Polynuclidic Transition-Metal
Salts, Aust. J. Chem. 1991, 44, 799.
- Jingfen Zhang et. al, Predicting Molecular Formulas of
Fragment Ions with Isotope Patterns in Tandem Mass Spectra, IEEE/ACM
Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (TCBB) Volume
2 , Issue 3 (July 2005), pp.217 - 230
- B.D. Dombek, J. Lowther, and E. Carberry, IPPKS: The
Prediction of Mass Spectrum Isotope Peaks, Quantum Chemistry Program
Exchange (QCPE) 11, 294, 1976.
- Janke, Robert A. and Lowther, John L. 1980. Post-fire
succession in the boreal forest type of Isle Royale National Park. In:
Proceedings, 2nd conference on scientific research in the National
Parks; 1979 November 26-30; San Francisco, CA. Volume II. The American
Institute of Biological Sciences; U.S. Department of the Interior,
National Park Service: 99-135.
- J. Lowther, K. Johnson, B. Wood, and B. Yee, "Use of AI
Tools and Techniques to Assist Computational Intensive Design and
Analysis Software Systems," MTU Computational Research Workshop, May
- J. Lowther, K. Johnson, B. Wood, and B. Yee, "ESPdesign: An
Expert System Approach to Optimization," Sixth Annual Ground Target
Modeling and Validation Conference, MTU, August 22 - 24, 1995, An
abstract of this paper appeared in the "Proceedings of the Sixth Annual
Ground Target Modeling and Validation Conference," Volume 1, page 527.
- Lowther, J., "Sensitivity Analysis of Air Quality
Assessment Model Predictions for Air Force Operations," Research
Reports, 1978 USAF/ASEE SummerFaculty Research Program, Tyndall AFB,
|Additional Research Areas
- AI: Knowledge Representation
- J. Lowther and A. Puri, Gate-Level Symbolic Simulator for
Digital Circuits Based on Frames and Demons, Proceedings of the Third
Annual ESD/SMI Expert Systems Conference, April 5, 1989, pp. 227-236.
- AI Machines and Parallelism
- Lowther, J., "AI Machines and Parallelism", an abstract,
Applied Math. and Computation, 20 (1-2), Sept., 1986, p. 35.
- Computer Science Education
- Lowther, John, "Computer Science Curriculum Design at a Technological
University," an abstract in the Proceedings of the 2nd World
Congress of Latvian Scientists, Riga, Latvia, August 14 - 15,
2001, The Latvian Academy of Science, (ISBN 9984-9542-0-X), page 576.
- Computational Complexity Theory
- Lowther, J. and Alton, D., "Non-Existence of Program
Optimizers in an Abstract Setting," Lecture Notes in Computer Science
19, Springer Verlag, 1974, pp. 253-265.